Kellys Hill, Tinahely, Y14 Y795
Opening hours: Tuesday 10.00am to 1.00pm and Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm
Contact: Phone 086 1040008 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a Men”s Shed?
The Mens Shed organization was founded in Australia and now has an almost worldwide network.
Tinahely Men’s Shed is a dedicated friendly and welcoming place where men come together to undertake a variety of mutually agreed activities. Men’s Sheds are open to all men aged 18 years and over, regardless of backround or ability.
It is a place where you can share your knowledge with others, learn new skills and develop your old skills. A place where men can meet to chat, have a cup of tea/coffee, get involved in a project, learn new skills, generally, socialise and support each other. Activities are organized by the members for the members.
What a Men’s Shed is not:
- It is not a formal training programme
- It’s not a sports club but you could play new sports
- It is not a health programme, but you can improve your healthand well-being might improve.
- It’s not an information service, but you can ask for information you need
- It is not a service for men but active ties organised by men.
We’ve been Busy!
We have made significant achievements since we started in 2016:
- We renovated 4 derelict sheds to create our new home which now includes a common room, equipment storage area and potting room.
- We created a fantastic new garden from wasteland where we now grow a huge selection of fruit and vegetables.
- We created the new manger for the Tinahely Christmas Crib.
In 2020 the Men’s Shed suffered a significant arson attack. The main work building and most of the machinery, equipment, timber and stocks were destroyed. A few dedicated founder members, local business people, friends, political people, and Wicklow Co. Council rallied around in support.
Our Wish Lists!
We need all kinds of hand tools, power tools, garden tools, timber, plywood, nails, screws, and paint to help our Men’s Shed grow and flourish.
All donations gratefully received!
New Members and support will be most welcome so the benefits of the Men’s Shed initiatives can be shared to the maximum.
To quote a member “I was new to the area and lonely. I knew few people before i joined the Shed. Now I have real friends and a supportive family at Tinahely Men’s Shed.”